A group of cats is called a Clowder
Cats sleep 70% of their lives
Cats cant taste sweetness
WHY WE LOVE CATS & LOVE RESPECT YOUR CAT DAY - CATITUDE IS EVERYTHING!
- Cats have over 20 muscles that control their ears.
- Hearing is
the strongest of cat's senses: They can hear sounds as high as 64 kHz — compared with humans, who can hear only as high as 20 kHz.
can move their ears 180 degrees and they can also move their ears separately.
- A cat's brain is 90% similar to a human's
— more similar than to a dog's.
- Cats and humans have nearly identical sections of the brain that control emotion.
- A cat's cerebral cortex (the part of the brain in charge of cognitive information processing) has 300 million neurons compared with a dog's 160 million.
- When cats grimace, they are usually "taste-scenting." They have an extra organ that, with some breathing control, allows the cats to taste-sense the
- Owning a cat can reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by a third.
- The world's largest cat measured 48.5 inches long.
- Evidence suggests
domesticated cats have been around since 3600 B.C., 2,000 years before Egypt's pharaohs.
- A cat's purr may be a form of self-healing,
as it can be a sign of nervousness as well as contentment.
- Cats make more than 100 different sounds whereas dogs make around 10.
- Cats can change their meow to manipulate a human. For example, they often imitate a human baby when they need food.
- Similarly, the frequency of a domestic cat's purr is the same at which muscles and bones repair themselves.
- A cat's nose is ridged with a unique pattern, just like a human fingerprint.
have scent glands along their tail, their forehead, lips, chin, and the underside of their front paws.
- A cat rubs against people
to mark its territory.
lick themselves to get your scent off.
- Adult cats only meow to communicate with humans.
- Your cat recognises your voice
- Female cats are typically
right-pawed while male cats are typically left-pawed.
- Cats have a longer-term memory than dogs, especially when they learn by actually
doing rather than simply seeing.
- Cats have a lower social IQ than dogs but can solve more difficult cognitive problems when they
feel like it.
- A cat can jump up to six times its length.
- A house cat is faster than Usain Bolt.
- When cats leave their poop uncovered,
it is a sign to let you know they do not fear you.
- Cats use their whiskers to detect if they can fit through a space.
- The first cat in space was French and survived the trip. She was named Felicette or Astrocat.
- Cats were mythic symbols of divinity in ancient Egypt.
cats don't like water because their coats do not insulate them well enough.
- The Egyptian word for cat is mau.
- Cats have inferior daytime sight, but during the night they need seven times less light than humans to see
Cats only sweat through their foot pads
Cats have free-floating clavicle bones that attach their shoulders to their forelimbs, which allows them to squeeze through very small spaces.
Cats are cool!