Tuesday the day of the week after Monday and the one before Wednesday which often gets ignored and overlooked by other days deemed more important
or more enjoyable; eg:Friday.
And yes, it may not be the day you naturally associate with rainbows,sunshine and good
times, but never underestimate the worth of a Tuesday, as it is just as good as all the others! That’s if you want it to be……
Understandably it is the day when last weekend feels like ages ago and next weekend feels "ages away and as a result, time can feel like it's passing more slowly on Tuesdays compared to any other day of the week!
But Tuesdays my friend, are the day where we really get stuck in! At work we are in the thick of it; Monday allowing us the courtesy of a catch up and before
that we were just chilling over the weekend, so it’s a different mentality towards Tuesdays and that’s why sometimes they seem as though they’re longer than other days!
However, there is much more to this day and it’s time to learn more about it and recognise the good things that a Tuesday can bring: -
- It is named after Tiw, the Norse god of single combat, victory and glory and associated with Mars, the Roman god of war, hence the day being known as ‘Mardi’ in French, ‘Martes’
in Spanish and ‘Martedi’ in Italian.
- Tuesday’s child is “full of grace” and, in Khmer and Thai traditions,
the day is associated with the colour pink (traditionally, there are astrological rules that assign colours for each day of the week, based on the colour of the God who protects the day).
- Tuesday is considered a lucky day in Judaism because it is mentioned twice as a good day in the first chapter of Genesis.
- Tuesday is the best day to go to a restaurant. It is also the best days of the week for fast food deals and restaurant specials! Out of any other week day, menu items tend to be freshest on Tuesday because it’s the day most restaurants receive the bulk of their meat and produce shipments.
- Dominos do a ‘Two for Tuesday’ deal – 2 pizzas for the price of 1 – , so it’s a day of the week you can afford to eat their beautiful,
oozing, pile of cheesy goodness. That alone is worth a high 5 for Tuesdays!
- You can also get cheaper deals at the cinema.
about bargains – Airfares are cheaper on a Tuesday. Did someone say holiday?
- Clothes shops get new deliveries at the beginning of the week, so when you go shopping on a Tuesday, everything is in your size. You have permission to do a little celebratory dance just on receiving this VII (very important
- Tuesday sounds like ‘New Shoes Day’ – good enough for me!
- It’s the best day of the week for writing! So why not start that novel you have always wanted to do?
- Tuesdays are a good day to update blog pages but a bad day for sex. We have the least sex on Tuesdays according to a health survey. The most hits on blog pages are recorded on Tuesdays.
- Pancake Day falls on a Tuesday (Shrove Tuesday) and
who doesn’t love a pancake – the big question is how do you eat yours?
Not so .. on a Tuesday
- Get a haircut or your nails trimmed in India - In ancient India. Barbers, whose job was not only
doing haircuts but also trimming nails, observed their weekly holidays on Tuesdays. This was done so that people got a day off and still had access to other services that would still be available on their holiday. As time went by, the holiday pattern changed but people still do not get a haircut on a Tuesday.
- Since nail cutters are now common, nobody bothers about a nailcut on Tuesday any more. But in some communities, cutting nails and hair on a Tuesday is considered a taboo, although people have forgotten
the main reason behind why their ancestors did not have it cut on this day.
- Tuesday is considered to be an unlucky day in the Greek world
because the Fall of Constantinople occurred on a Tuesday. Spanish-speaking countries also consider Tuesdays to be unlucky.
- Most bank robberies
occur on Tuesdays.
- Black Tuesday refers to Tuesday 29th October 1929, part of the great Stock Market Crash, a crash which is said to have
marked the start of the Great Depression..
- Christmas Eve also falls less often on a Tuesday than any other day of the week (under the rules
of the Gregorian calendar).
But good or not so good – Make every Tuesday Terrific!
He respects Owl, because
you can’t help respecting anybody who can spell Tuesday even if he doesn’t spell it right - AA Milne