Whats the solution to keeping a resolution?
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
Yes, it’s that time of year again where it’s a time for looking back but more importantly looking forward to 2019 where reflection is required on the changes wanted or needed to be made.
Without any hesitation we all want to better ourselves and although our intentions are good, in this world full of temptations, it's all too easy to deviate and become seriously distracted.
Typically, we all struggle to fulfill our serious and sacred mission of making and then sticking to any of our New Year’s resolutions. Which should be renamed New Year Duck Soup! Even the most disciplined of souls buckle under the pressure of this immense task.
We must remember that resolution ideas should be inspiring enough for us to think outside the box and if that particular box is crammed full of fattening stuff then chuck it away and invest in something healthier!
Will this be the year to lose 20 pounds…quit smoking…eat healthier…or only drink gin on a Saturday in the afternoon on the dot of 4.21pm? Resolutions are usually short, sweet, simple and unique to every one of us and yet the same!
But the question is are we still too stuffed from all the festivities to be prepared? Perhaps we have now gone into turkey withdrawal mode where the brain fog is beginning to settle?
Or is it that we all simply dread January the month of the blues, longest time ever until we next get paid and know that it’s now time to take our Christmas shopping goggles off, breathe deeply open the credit card statements breathe deeply again or could it be because we are all automatically depressed at the thought of taking down all the artificial lights in the gloom and darkness of the months to come and have to make an effort to actual think about resolutions, make a list that has both meaning and relevance?
By the end of January 50% of us will have thrown our resolutions out of the window. Solution to a resolution - Resolutions need to be something really specific! You will also need to decide what you want to do, where you will do it and how long you will do it for.
There is an app called Stickk.com which is a commitment platform offering all the tools you need to achieve your goals and pledges money to causes you don’t like when you break your resolution as a good deterrent.
Well come on people show some willing! Whilst the leftovers of yuletide booze are coming to an end grab a glass, discard your Santa hat, put on those comfy crimble PJ’s and get your thinking caps on as a New Year Resolution List that is just for you no matter how crazy, stupid or goddamn sensible you want to be!
Note to self; The secret to achieving your resolution is actually the resolution itself.
Some Resolutions you can keep...
- Spend more time watching TV - It's very educational.
- Spend more time on the Internet - Play more computer games – it improves visual skills, reflexes and dexterity.
- Read less - A little learning is a dangerous thing. Too much of it can really wreck your head!
- Stop considering other people’s feelings, as they don’t care about yours.
- Avoid taking baths to conserve water.
- Gain weight; eat junk food and aim to put on at least 30 pounds
- Don’t exercise – It’s a complete waste of time – instead drive by the gym weekly to pay your respects.
- Only use the treadmill for the purpose of hanging clothing from
- Procrastinate more
- Drink more
- Spend less time at work
- Make better bad decisions
- Learn what the hell "resolution" means
- Stop making New Year’s resolutions. They are never kept anyway.
- Take up a new habit: Maybe smoking!